Welcome to the Unlimited Newsletter...
In the busyness of our every day lives, we can forget about one of the most important tasks - taking care of ourselves. We are good at taking care of others and then the rest of our focus goes into providing value at work.
But when we forget to make time to take care of ourselves, our work as well as our health and even our relationships can suffer. As such, this month's Unlimited Newsletter is a special Wellness edition.
I challenge you to make this the day, you begin to put more focus on your health and wellness.
I want to ensure you can go the distance in your career and in your life. You deserve it!
I invite you to listen to a radio interview I took part in on the topic of wellness and balance. I share some of my personal stories around how I apply wellness tools in my own life!
Click here and then on Download Episode to listen.
Enjoy the ride!
Chief Engagement Officer
Why Mindfulness is a Game Changer for You as a Leader!
I would like to share my latest Forbes article on a topic that I hold very near and dear since my brain injury almost five years ago. Please read on.
Leaders seem to be under more pressure than ever before, and technology has us plugged in at all times. We want to do our best to add value to the companies we work for, but at this pace, life can feel like a never-ending work day!
So how do we stop the crazy train? The answer is Mindfulness. Read more.
What is Your Top Ten?
David Letterman had a top ten. I have a top ten. Do you?
To me, the top ten is the list of activities you need to incorporate into your life on a regular basis that lead to a feeling of greater fulfillment and overall well being.
My Top Ten includes:
1. Have a massage or spa treatment at least once a month.
2. Go on a date night with my hubby every two weeks
3. Plan a few moments every day to do something enjoyable by myself. This could be reading or going to a Starbucks and indulging in a latte while people watching.
4. Exercise every day for at least 45 minutes
5. Eat nutritious food, but have one night a week (usually Saturday nights!) that is my cheat night.
6. Spend time with others I love.
7. Do something kind for someone else every day. That could be sending a note to someone or taking the time to hold the door for a stranger while smiling.
8.Plan a fun vacation several times a year.
9. Meditate 5 times a week or more.
10. Listen to uplifting music. I have quite an eclectic taste in music. I am a country girl by birth so I like country music. I also like AC/DC and my kids keep me up-to-date on all the latest pop music that I must admit, I really like too!
Think about what activities make you feel alive. Many of them may even feel like a luxury. But when you stop to think about it, you really should be pampering yourself. We invest in our education, our homes, but we tend to overlook investing in our most valuable asset. Take care of your well-being and happiness. Trust me, the payoff will be worth it! Now, go ahead, and create your own Top 10!
Today's Thought: Wellness is not a 'medical fix' but a way of living a lifestyle sensitive and responsive to all the dimensions of body, mind and spirit, an approach to life we each design to achieve our highest potential for well-being now, and forever. Greg Anderson
Carey-Ann Oestreicher (pronounced O-striker), Chief Engagement Officer for Potential Unlimited, works with individuals and companies to help them reach their full potential.
Recipient of Top 40 Under Forty Award and Nominated as one of Canada's Most Powerful 100 Women, Carey-Ann has held a variety of senior positions including vice-president level and she has worked in industries such as: financial services, automotive and transportation, publishing, cosmetics and fashion.
Carey-Ann's media appearances include CTV's Canada AM, Global TV's Survivor series, CBC NewsWorld, TSN. She has also been quoted in numerous publications such as The Globe and Mail, Chatelaine and Canadian Business magazines.